Working with Laura
Working in a collaborative effort to assist businesses, not-for-profits, and local government achieve communications excellence.
Benefits to Working with Laura
- Strategic communications planning that is collaborative, engaging, and timely
- Senior level consulting to support decisions, policies, and procedures for governance, effectiveness, and reputation management.
- Evaluating campaigns with relevant and detailed metrics
- Dynamic, innovative, and relevant content designs - writing and visuals
- Campaigns developed to reach business goals; lead generation, brand development, outreach
- Training to develop digital communication skill sets for employees
- Key stakeholder workshops that are informative and engaging
- Public Speaking on managing communication in the digital era
Areas of Focus and Expertise
Laura's experiences include communications services for government, not-for-profit, charities, retail entrepreneurs, holistic healthcare, small to medium-sized businesses selling business-to-business
With her passion, knowledge, and experience in the areas of communicating environmental sustainability and wellness, she focuses her work on assisting like-minded business owners and leaders of our community develop their internal culture and build their businesses. Laura offers her expertise to help share their stories, build collaborative relationships, develop actionable and effective corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs, and promote supportive products and services.
The following are a list of some of the completed and ongoing work. The projects include independent work completed by Laura Dunkley, principal of L.Dunkley Communications, some with the support from her team of creative experts, and other projects are in collaboration with consultants that required communications expertise and support.
- Yukon Government - evaluating and making recommendations for the Mapping the Way campaign (2015 - GAEL partnership)
- Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF) - workshop facilitation support and graphic design for ecological integrity workshops (2016 - GAEL partnership)
- Town of Caledon - workshop facilitation support, terms of reference, and communications strategy for Aggregate RMP Phase 1 (2016-2017 - GAEL & Pine Consulting partnership)
NOT-FOR-PROFIT and CHARITIES
- Bethlehem Housing and Support Services - social media strategy (2014)
- Niagara Land Trust - communications strategy (2015)
- Niagara Sustainability Initiative - strategic business plan (2013)
SMALL to MEDIUM SIZED BUSINESSES (B2B)
- Envirotech Office Systems - social media strategy, presentation on social media, LinkedIn workshops with sales team, content creation (white paper on the circular economy, monthly blogs, infographics, video), social media management (2014-Dec. 2016)
- Evolution Window Films - digital brand development, social media, WordPress website design, project manage current website design, website content management, content creation (infographics, blog writing) (2014-present)
- FutureShield - website content management, writing (website content, press releases), graphic design (brochures, tradeshow banners) (2012-present)
- Caledon Hills Cycling - founder and business owner/manager included purchasing, HR, store design, marketing (1991- sold in 2008)
- Seaway Farms - website content management, blog writing, social media management (2014-present)
- Hill Chiropractic - website design, content management, social media management, graphic design, marketing consulting (2010-present)
- Dr. Joe Pelino - website design, marketing consulting (2012-present)
- Laura Watson (Dunkley) worked at FutureShield in an account management and marketing role. She was able to multi-task and balance both roles in a very fast-paced environment. Laura’s skills allowed her to evaluate marketing materials from a variety of different software vendors and standardize them in a strategic manner to facilitate FutureShield’s vision. She was a valuable member of our team and we are pleased to continue using her services for web design, writing, and marketing support. (Feb. 7, 2012)
- Having worked with Laura for over one year, I can’t say enough about her dedication to my company and its goals. Through her social marketing savvy and ability to assemble informative and professional case studies; Evolution Window Films has established a polished and credible on line image that we feel is ready to take to another level! Thank you Laura!”
- Laura’s energy and understanding of environmental sustainability has been a tremendous resource to Niagara Sustainability Initiative. Going well beyond what was asked of her, Laura tirelessly worked with the NSI volunteer and staff team to ensure that the final product (a strategic plan that touched on all aspects of the organization) had been perfected. Laura continues to help with NSI in an advisory role and her expertise and creative thinking are welcomed contributions. (Sept 30, 2013)
- It was a pleasure working with Laura Dunkley through the developing and designing of my personal website. Her passion, expertise, and knowledge of social media go beyond words. Laura is very patient and understands not all consumers have the same expertise so it is translated very effectively. With her excellent communication and presentation skills, I was able to understand what was needed and provided her with pertinent information needed for my website. With her guidance using social media, this will bring my business to whole new level. For me this is the beginning of a long lasting relationship with Laura. (May 2014)
- Laura’s insight into current social media trends and technology assisted Bethlehem to engage with a more diverse demographic. She understood non-profit resource challenges and provided recommendations that proved useful on many levels, such as creating online forms on Bethlehem’s website which increased our volunteer base substantially.
- Throughout the project [Fundraising & Marketing Plan], Laura worked excellently with the volunteers of the Niagara Land Trust, demonstrating a very high level of people skills. Her commitment to providing work that is both high quality and detailed has led to a great plan for our organization. Her positive attitude and enthusiasm has made it a joy to work with Laura. (August, 2015)