It is time for Sales, Marketing and Public Relations departments start working together. Convergence for these departments is key to success.
Every organization has objectives. Even if they are not clearly written, they are there. Every part of that organization is working to meet common objectives. Even if they are not guided, or have clear information on what those objectives are, they are hired for a purpose.
So let's talk success and teamwork. Is it not common sense that we should all work as a team to achieve what we set out to do? Is not a chain stronger when they are all linked together? Now there is no excuse. We have the technology to make this happen, but
Now there is no excuse. We have the technology to make this happen, but unfortunately, the 'old way' of doing things is getting in the way. Sales, Marketing & Public Relations have been acting like oil and water. It is time for
It is time for
Tips below on how and why sales and marketing should converge.
- Culturally increase cross conversations between Marketing & Sales so that it is more 'our' thing rather than yours or my thing.
- Pay your staff to perform as a team.
- Look at the details (i.e. make sure your team can articulate your story) - no one person is going to close deals.
- Single objective - everyone doing their job to achieve this objective
- You have to be extreme (outside the norm of what you have always done) - you are ALL in the mission to sell, ALL
inthe same team. Get rid of org chart and build a team."
The 5 tips above are from Todd & Dan's video segment: Marketing vs. Sales, or Breaking Down the Silos in 2012: From SalesChaosTV Video Discussion . Great reference for forward thinking tips on how sales and marketing should be done now and moving forward.
- Lee Odden Digital Convergency: Marketing & Public Relations
- Clay Shirk's Book - Here Comes Everybody
- Arbinger Group - Leadership and
Self Deception: Getting out of the box