Digital Marketing Plan Template
The goal of a communications assessment, or audit, is to determine an organization’s effectiveness in communicating with internal and external stakeholders. The amount of resources and time required to perform an audit depends primarily on the size and needs of the organization.
The first step to an effective communications strategy is a communications assessment.
A communications assessment can help answer these questions -
- Do our employees understand the vision of our organization?
- Do we have a communication strategy in place to support our business goals?
- Are we reaching our customers with the information they need, when they need it? Sales, customer service, etc.
- Are our messages clear and consistent? Do they support our brand message?
- Do we know what past communications have been successful?
- Are we staying current with the communication demands of our audiences?
- What communication opportunities are we missing?
- Will our current communication plan support our future growth?
What is involved in an assessment?
Assessments involve several steps to identify the needs of an organization, help understand the immediate situation, and then provide the information required to recommend a plan for improvement.
A comprehensive and executable communication strategy is the intended outcome of a full communications assessment. A communication strategy should be evaluated on a regular basis. Ensure that milestones are put on the strategy timeline to evaluate the plan, perform targeted assessments, and make any necessary changes.
Download the guide for more tips and information on how to conduct a communications assessment.
For assistance, or to learn more about how to develop your communications strategy,